Written by Christophe Bernigaud
Tuesday, 29 May 2012 13:59
Some short insights on FaceBook engagement tips and tricks, we thought would be worth sharing:
- Less is more - wall updates of 80 characters or less perform 27 per cent better than an 81 charcaters plus update
- No short URL - full URL show engagement rate 3 times higher (would it be to do with online trust?)
- Post when your community is online - know your community! Thursday and Friday seem to be the best days on the week - 18% higher engagement rate ("the less people are at work the more people are on FaceBook") but Friday's engagement rate is lower than a Sunday in the retail industry
- FaceBook confirms - the “Happiness Index” on Facebook spikes by 10% on Friday.
- Engagement rates on Saturday being 18% below average
- It depends on YOUR community (industry specific, niche specific, seasonal, etc)
- Schedule your updates - People are most engaged Friday through Sunday, but brands are not actively posting then, schedule your posts throughout the weekend
- Take a rest on Mondays - most companies will go and post a FB update on Mondays, noisy FaceBook Mondays!
- Choose your words carefully - the english spoken community will react better to keywords such as "events” and “winning” vs. “contests” and “promotions”
- Ask your community - have you noticed when asking a question on FaceBook your community will engage the most? Questions show a 15 per cent higher engagement rate than statements.
- "Why" questions are not great! Prefer the "where, when, and would and should"
- A simple call to action - Fans will do what you ask them to do so if you want them to like your post tell them simply: "Like this post!", "Share this video!"
- Tell your fans to“post,” “comment” or “tell” you something.
Thanks to Buddymedia.com for the study and remember what the man himself use to say...