Written by Christophe Bernigaud
Tuesday, 08 May 2012 12:51
Which one of your community follower is worth the most to your organisation? Social Media analytics and social media ROI is key in your SMM strategy. Like any analytics, setting your KPIs is mandatory!
So, who do you think is worth more? A FaceBook user? A Linkedin user? A Twitter follower? A Pinterest re-pin? or follower?
You can do a quick math comparing the value of each main social media platform vs. the number of users:
- Yelp – estimated value of $1.4 billion, so $21.21 per user
- Pinterest – estimated value of $500 million, so $28.09 per user
- Foursquare – estimated value of $600 million, so $40.00 per user
- Twitter – estimated value of $10 billion, so $71.43 per user
- LinkedIn – estimated value of $9.61 billion, so $104.46 per user
- Facebook – estimated value of $100 billion, so $118.34 per user
But this method seems a wee bit inaccurate. It does not seem right.
So our friends @ backupify.com came up with the idea measuring the value of content on the main social media platform
Check the entire infographic here