Tuesday, 19 July 2011 15:41
Before last month Google Plus buzz, an e-business survey into customer satisfaction was carried out in the US giving FaceBook the lowest score in the American Customer Satisfaction Index.
Thank you Google and Google+, already known as G+!
Not being funny or sarcastic!
It has been quite a while since there has a been such excitement in the social media marketing
industry. Like a small on-invite-only-revolution, G+ has taken the social media marketing world like a storm, spinning heads seeking an invite! Using FaceBook to find an invite!
First of all, see below G+ cheat sheet! Quite a handy one to know and use!
Also a few tips i found for G+:
- Use G+ on Chrome - it looks better and performs better
- Disable email notifications -
- Also Disable”Also email xxx people not yet using Google+” - don't annoy your buddies off with your constant updates
- Download and install those extensions
- Surplus - allows you to read, comment and share on G+ from anywhere on the web
- Google Plus Nick allows you to get a shortened vanity URL
- Sync G+ with Identi.ca, Twitter, Facebook with Agent+
- Your FaceBook pictures on G+
- Back up your FaceBook pics with picknzip.com as a .zip file and upload it in one go on G+
- ... to be continued
surveyed the 10 000 largest websites in the world and found out that the G+ share button has been installed more than the Twitter button - respectively 4.4% for G+ vs. 3.4% for Twitter.
This is all well and nice but what about corporate brands. What about my small business? How can i get it on G+?
G+' Christian Oestlien said they are focusing on the consumer experience for now but they plan to roll it out later this year with rich analytics.
Though Google is teasing us with a mock up with what G+ for brands could look like with features such as:
- Google Meeting
- Google Screencast
- Google whiteboard