Social Media Marketing in Europe is a funny thing. We get excited about Google+, Google Larry Page is telling us that it has reached 12 million users and more than likely 20 millions in two weeks with Google trends backing up the success vs Google Buzz and Google Wave (i loved Google Wave)...
G+ vs Google Buzz vs Google Wave on Google Trends
But all mighty FaceBook with its 750million users and growing is styill king - see our previous social media world map article.
For instance in the UK, FaceBook holds over 50% of the market share with YouTube only as a real contestant - Hitwise UK Source
Social Media in UK in July 2011
So we all now know that any business needs some type of social media presence / strategy. But for what ROI?
What does a business get from being on FaceBook? How do i measure the success of having an agency or a member of staff costing my business X amount of my hard earned money a month to have a social media presence?
Well, once again the great people at Hitwise found a way to measure it and here is the result, you can read the whole report here
- e-tailers, a new Facebook fan is worth 20 additional visits to your website over a year.
- Facebook is the second most visited website in the UK - Google is still king on that segement.
- Facebook is the second largest source of traffic to other websites .
- 1 in every 6 page views from UK Internet users goes to a Facebook page.
- 20 million hours are spent on FaceBook every day from UK users alone.